Saturday, September 19, 2009

RANT - Extended Car Warranties

While I've got my synapses wired to the main power supply and the dial turned to 'Full Rant', imagine my surprise to find this! Looking into another annoying TV ad I suspect being perpetrated by scammers - namely, add-on car warranties - at Ripoff Report.com, there among the complaints about stoprepairbills.com, is an ad for Cash4Gold.com. Does this need another exclamation mark?

I don't know whether to focus on the confirmation that people ARE being scammed by these companies offering cover for repairs they eventually wriggle out of, or on the fact that Ripoff Report is getting ad dollars from another company alleged on their web site to be ripping people off!

Lewis Black makes big money wobbling his chops and spluttering over these incongruities.

No comments: