Tuesday, July 13, 2010

RAVE - Blowfish

If I posted every time we ate at this place the blog would start to smell fishy. 

I've said before that Blowfish is my favorite sushi restaurant in the City. Until we ate recently at Tsunami in Mission Bay, Blowfish was STREETS ahead, in my view, of anything else in the sushi department. Now it's maybe just a couple car-lengths ahead.

Blowfish waiters are hipper and better than the nondescript staff at other sushi restaurants. No-one else does the techno music and Anime on several screens like Blowfish does it.

When it comes to the food - I think the crispness, freshness and inventiveness of Blowfish's sashimi and rolls outdoes the rest.

I know you can look at comments on Yelp or Fodors and you'll get diametrically-opposing views from various posters. You get that with all restaurants, but arguably sushi brings out the extremes more than other types of food.

For this pasta-loving, stoli and mojito, indie-music fan, a night at Blowfish, munching on cold, dead fish, listening to techno and sippin' Asahi is right up there with a date with Halle Berry.

And before I offend Halle, my mum and my wife, I'll quit analogizing while I'm ahead.

No comments: