Thursday, January 26, 2012

REVIEW - Horrible Bosses

3 guys

A dental assistant who's boss sexually abuses him. An accountant whose boss has led him along for years, pretending he's going to promote him. Another who is passed over by his boss when his father dies.

What was I saying?

I don't ever see films that are allegedly humorous?

Well I saw this one, and it was quite humorous. Funny for all the wrong reasons.

The three main characters - Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudiekis - are funny because they're not intrinsically funny people, not professional funny men.

Funny because of great performances by Jennifer Aniston - in a role she was heaven made for. For Donald Sutherland in a gentle little role in which he shone, and Colin Farrel for a role where you couldn't guess it was him. Oh, and Jamie Foxx playing a badass killer, who wasn't.

It was pretty funny.


1 comment:

Damon said...

Great review! I love that Charlie Day still resembles his character from Always Sunny. I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard at a scene. I am looking forward to seeing this movie again soon. I used my Blockbuster @ Home to rent this for the third time, and I never get tired of it. One of the best advantages to having the Blockbuster @ Home is the fact that I can rent pretty much any movie I want whenever I want. Plus, I can stream many movies right to my TV or computer. Since I’ve been using the Pass from DISH where I work, I have seen so many good movies like Horrible Bosses, and its very convenient being able to watch a lot of movies from home. Hollywood needs to keep the funny movies coming!