Wednesday, August 10, 2011

RAVE - The Guard

I was half-tempted to not give this a Rave, seeing as it wasn't quite as funny as cousin Amo said. Maybe half of the problem was that I was Billy-no-mates for the evening. Coincidentally, right after I settled into my seat at The Landmark, Amo's business partner Gareth strode into the opposite end of the row in front of me, with Molly. I decided not to bundle my way into that row to try and sit with them, and maybe that was why I didn't find The Guard as funny as Amo had said. For me, it's usually easier to laugh out loud when I'm with a couple of friends doing the same.

The fabulous Brendan Gleeson plays a cynical Garda officer in tiny Connemara in Ireland. FBI Agent Don Cheadle arrives to warn the locals of a drug gang expected to land its dodgy cargo. 

General merriment ensues as Gleeson proves he's not to be overawed or outdone by the FBI big-shot.

All in all, a very funny film that I clearly didn't get into the spirit of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's looking very cool and interesting. Thanks for the share.


Boat Lemon Law