Monday, July 5, 2010

RAVE - Four Lions (preview)

This is the first time I've posted a review for a movie I've not even seen yet, but take a look at this preview and tell me whether you:

a) think it's going to be a hoot
b) kinda like the premise but know you're unlikely to be able to see it if you don't live in the UK
c) don't think that terrorism is something that should be made fun of
d) can't understand a word of what they're saying

I'm a definite a), worry about b) and c), and will resort to interminable rewind and replay if I'm partly d).

This is Chris Morris' first directorial role. Until now he's responsible for a barrage of mostly patchy stuff on radio, although he has a huge following based on those radio and TV shows in England.

I've seen other people liken this to the Monty Python paradigm - where "endless hours of tedious and only occasionally funny lines on TV" were tightened up by the strictures of 90-minute movies. Personally, I loved those "endless hours" and found them truly original and very, very funny, but that didn't stop me from loving the Python movies too.

"Four Lions" plays on the English football team's "Three Lions" logo.

No comments: