Wednesday, May 6, 2009

RANT - Boulevard

What on earth do people see in this blue-rinse-centric, over-the-hill restaurant?

In another Top 100 list, this one showing the top grossing restaurants in the USA, Boulevard is there. There's no doubting it's an institution, but as my Dad used to say, "you know what happens in an Institution!"

I've only eaten there once, a lunch with my good friends George and David, and some mutual business associates.

The food completely missed the mark, surprising only for the distance by which it underwhelmed. I remember leaning back in my dining chair, looking up and being shocked by the state of the ceiling - dirty, stained tiles.

We were all so disappointed, George phoned them after, complained and got a credit toward another meal there. I gather he enjoyed the return experience more, but I'll not be going back.

No comments: