Monday, September 26, 2011

REVIEW - The Moss Room

It's stylish, good-looking, in an interesting location, but the lousy service lost this place its Rave rating for me. 

Our weekend guest and I arrived at The Moss Room at 1.15pm Saturday, sat down and chatted with our lunch partner for one hour fifteen minutes before we got our first course - pate and a couple of salads. Not exactly demanding or time-consuming for the kitchen.

It started badly, when we were there for 20 minutes before anyone came to our table to ask us what we wanted to drink!
After getting and eating our appetizers, our server came to me and said that chef was "not happy" with the Pork Sugo he'd prepared for me, and it would take too long to make it again. Would I care to order something else? I did, and the Fennel Sausage (another trivial dish to prepare) added another 20 minutes' wait for our main courses.

Everything tasted good, but thank heavens for the cocktails and company, because it took a total of 3 and 3/4 hours for our lunch!

No comments: