Sunday, June 7, 2009

RAVE - Slanted Door

It's hardly worth me adding my thumbs up for Slanted Door. Every resident or visitor to San Francisco already knows of this place, visits it as often as they can or stumbles into it when they're traipsing around the Ferry Building.

On the down side, it's one of those places where they always ask you "have you eaten with us before?", like we don't know the next statement is going to be "we serve family style here". If there's one thing that touches a raw nerve for me it's restaurants telling me whether or not I can share my food with my friends.

As a rule, I'd rather not. Not because I don't want them to taste what I'm tasting, but because if I order a plate of "barbecued willis ranch pork spareribs with honey-hoisin sauce", I want to eat that order rather than fight over it with everyone else at the table! 

But I digress .... Slanted Door is the real deal; fabulous food in a fun atmosphere, with lots to see inside and outside.

No comments: