Sunday, August 21, 2011

REVIEW - Contigo

I've had Contigo on my "must visit" list for months now, but after last night's meal I'm wondering what all the fuss was about.

It's a basic Spanish-centric Tapas place - as opposed to the Italian and Mexican ones littered across the city - and it's that "littering" plus the downright ordinariness of this place that has flipped Contigo from must visit to meh for me.

Iberico or Serrano ham on toast or bread, with olives or anchovies, Bocadillos - which I thought were meatballs but turned out to be tasty but fatty mini-burgers, corn and chanterelles (excellent), calamars a la planxa (i.e. squid a la revolting), patatas braves (I've had much better elsewhere), and so on.

Nothing whatsover to draw one's posterior to Castro and 24th, an otherwise desert of fun. Stick to any one of the other 30 places where Tapas is served, and better.

So, it's good to have lists, but not good to become too attached to them.

No comments: