Thursday, June 2, 2011

RAVE - Redd, Yountville

After being corrected by a waiter, to pronounce it Yontville, not Yountville, I was able to sit back and enjoy once again the all around fabulosity of this Napa town, and Redd in particular.

Definitely reserve a table outside, so you can soak up the rays along with the perfect food.

My Crispy Calamari, Cayenne Salt, Tamarind Sauce and Vietnamese Dressing appetizer, together with Crisp Duck Confit, Lentils, Foie Gras Meatballs, and Crispy Spaetzle may have revealed the chef's lack of a thesaurus (surely there are other words for 'crispy'?), but otherwise transported me to grub heaven, along with my Moscow Mule (cocktail, not meat dish!)

Pavey's Glazed Pork Belly, Apple Puree, Burdock, and Soy Caramel, followed by Braised Beef Shortrib, Bacon, Cipollini Onions, Fingerling Potatoes, and Red Wine Jus, just made me jealous.

Redd is one of those places where I'm tempted to order everything on the menu, and camp out there until I've eaten it all.

The Memorial weekend in Napa afforded us the opportunity to dine at 4 top notch establishments in 3 days, without begging for admission to French Laundry.

As some dyslexic marketer has probably already said, you can't spell paradise without Napa.

No comments: