Saturday, March 10, 2012

RAVE - Farallon

One of San Francisco's best-known, and long-standing restaurants, Farallon clearly appeals to tourists. They were on display throughout the place last night. Our server even said "we love to see locals here" when she found out we actually lived here.

Despite that, and the frenetic activity on the part of all of the staff going to and from the open kitchen, the experience was a blast.

I'm no fish fan, yet I picked Farallon for my birthday dinner to the surprise of my wife and host. "Surprise" because it's a seafood-lover's destination, with decor to match.

Pavey had the caviar, lobster salad, and Black Bass. I had the Ahi Tuna, Foie Gras, and roasted Alaskan Cod. Every dish was fabulous, enhanced by a couple of Martinis, champagne, and a bottle of Chassagne Montrachet.

This was only the second time we've eaten there in over 14 years living here, so we'll have to redress that situation over the next 14.

No comments: