Monday, September 28, 2009

REVIEW - Manic Street Preachers at The Fillmore, Sep 24 2009

For those of you who think I don't know squat about Classical Music, I just revelled in the Manics with friend and software conspirator Ed Gaudet.

I last saw them supporting Oasis at Knebworth in the UK in 1996, along with Prodigy and Ocean Colour Scene. The sound that day was abominable, with a 1 second delay between what we heard from the bus-sized speakers at the front, and those at the back of the 250,000 crowd. No such problems at The Fillmore, which as always hosted an excellent show.

10 years after guitarist Richey Edwards disappeared (his car was found near the Severn Bridge, and it's assumed he jumped), the Manics' new album features his lyrics set to new tunes. I think one ends with "peace out" at these moments.

1 comment:

Ed said...

And what a terrific show it was!!! I especially loved the Small Faces "All or Nothing' lead into Motown Junk!!