Tuesday, September 8, 2009

RANT - Hawaii 0-5

Thanks to an uncanny knack for being in the right place at the right time, I was asked to co-present at an IBM seminar in Honolulu. That very pleasant task meant we decided to extend the visit by a few days, Pavey flew in and we blissed out in Maui. I may be a curmudgeon, but I know what side my bread's buttered, so I'm separating my negatives from my positives.

No mistake about it, Hawaii is not all pineapple chunks in Paradise.

First, there are the visitors:

1. Washed out, grey-haired salesmen with paunches stretching generic aloha shirts, droning on about zzzzzzzzz

2. American and Japanese tourists, doing the same thing Brits do in Benidorm, wabbling around with bright red faces and umbrella festooned concotions, telling their whining brats they can get another big mac when they get back to the condo.

3. Then there's everyone else, suspecting that as long as they hang out here they'll not have a proper career.

That's not 5 negatives? I said I would hold the curmudgeanity.

Oh, alright.
4. Two words. West California.

5. Another two. American Luxe.

No comments: