Friday, January 7, 2011

RAVE - Our cat's a music fan

Just now I was woken from my slumbers, er, interrupted during one of my back-to-back phone conferences, by music blasting from our lounge.

I was at the back of the house in my office, and wondered who had broken in with a boom-box.

It turns out that one of our 2 cats, Zuma (pictured here in her "what, me?" pose), finds that the unseasonably chilly San Francisco climate demands warming her butt on the Apple Mac resting on the arm of our couch.

We've caught her there before, and given her a stern telling off. No wimpy "you're getting a time-out", or "go stand on the bottom step of the stairs" for her; I usually issue a swift threat of a boot up the backside and that clears up any misunderstanding.

Clearly I'll have to raise the threat level to orange (i.e a boot up the backside AND a clip round the ear), because today's butt-on-Mac incident resulted in her pressing enough keys to a) launch iTunes, b) select Blue Blood Blues by The Dead Weather and c) press play.

Now you'd have thought that Jack White's guitar would've scared her off, but it took me and my "WTF?" to do that.

For those of you anxious to hear what Zuma chose, and why she'll get an extra dollop of cat-food from me today, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg8DMqFuip8

Bill: don't bother, you'll hate it!

No comments: