Monday, October 4, 2010

REVIEW - wheretheladies.at

I don't know whether to be surprised that things have come to this, or that things have come to this in San Francisco.

Using foursquare.com, an app that itself is so indescribably dorky, people can report that they've just arrived at [insert dork hangout here]. 

I'm sure that Paul (Mr. Double Leather 2009, or was it 2008) who regularly lets me (and every other friend on Facebook) know that he's just checked in at such and such a bar in Rehoboth Beach, won't be at all perturbed to be described as a dork.

BTW, those are annoying reminders, especially when you're 1,000 miles away gagging for a martini with the wonderful man himself.

Anyhow, if you're another close friend of mine, and your name is Gareth, this wheretheladies.at could be God's gift to your sex life. It tracks foursquare.com looking for ladies checking in to various spots in San Francisco. If you're so inclined, you can drop everything and slide on over to, er, where the ladies are at.

Right now, at 7.31pm on Sunday evening, while I'm waiting at Portland Airport for our flight home, it says there are 7 people with ladies' names at Sundance Kabuki Cinema. Unless you want to grope in the dark to find them Gareth (and I think I've cornered that move), you might find it easier to cut along to Bar None or 21st Amendment, where there are 4 and 3, respectively.

Now, where do I collect my Wingman of The Year badge?

No comments: