Wednesday, April 28, 2010

RANT - By Reason of Insanity, by Randy Singer

Whoever described this author as "just as good as John Grisham", must've been on crack. While this is mostly a courtroom story, that's about the only thing Singer has in common with Grisham.

Complex just for the sake of it, and without adding anything to the story, with a ton of "action" crammed into the last chapter in order to try and make sense of the mess that went before.

Twists of Biblical proportions, literally. And I know some people use that analogy incorrectly, as in "It blew my mind, literally", but I meant what I said. I doubt very much whether real lawyers use examples from the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar when searching for precedents, but that was segued in there with a few other stretches of the legal imagination.

It was only after I read it that I learned Mr Singer is a "faith-based" writer, which must mean his readers need faith to believe his far-fetched story lines.

No comments: