Monday, February 25, 2013

RANT - Dredd

This was so bad, it should've been called Dread.

I don't know about you. but I hate movies that are shot with little or no lighting. No doubt the director thinks it's cool, but I think it just means the budget is so low, or the sets are so shabby, that s/he is ashamed to shine bright lights anywhere near the actions. Dredd is shot - surprise, surprise - in almost total darkness.

The plot - a city in the future, two cops: Dredd and a rookie, a huge block of apartments taken over by a cutthroat gang of, er, cutthroats - is choc full of cliches, stereotypes, and other ordinariness. 

It was crushingly dull, and the only reason I watched it to the bitter end was that I was strapped into my airline seat rather than free to step out of a theater at the drop of an uncomfortably heavy helmet.

No comments: