Friday, June 25, 2010

RAVE - World Cup photos


1. At long last there's a chance Americans will understand why football (er, soccer) is the World's most popular game - now that they've got to the final 16 and everyone's reveling in Landon Donovan's injury time goal against Algeria. (pics 1, 2 and 40)

2. Yet again, the Boston Globe's web site comes up with a hot group of pics.

3. Proof that a $2,500 lens on a $1,500 camera is a worthwhile investment. Oh, and a press pass to every World Cup game.

3. The Glastonbury shot must be photoshopped. It's not raining!  (pic 32)

4. Despite claims from rugby / hockey fans, soccer's not a game for girls. (pics 30 and 39)

5. Diego Maradona is a hairy midget (pic 34)

6. I gotta get an iPhone, and /or start supporting Paraguay (pic 18)

7. Vuvuzelas are bad for your health, for so many reasons (pic 16). If you pile up your vuvuzelas before going into church, who makes sure you get your own spittoon back?

8. Is Frank Ribery the ugliest footballer in the tournament? (pic 38, far left)

9. Having reveled at a fancy dress party some years ago dressed up as Jimi Hendrix (which involved plastering black theatrical make-up all over my face and arms, and despite what it said on the packaging it taking me DAYS to get the make-up off), I can only pity the ardent fans who paint their flags on their faces.
(pics 6, 11, 20, 33)

10. Every time I look at this pic, I think I see vampire's fangs. Then I check again and they're gone! (pic 35)

No comments: