Wednesday, June 16, 2010

RAVE - US Open at Pebble Beach

IBM is a sponsor and technology provider for various high-profile sporting events, including Wimbledon and The US Open Golf tournament.

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be invited to the IBM hospitality pavilion at Pebble Beach, to view the first practice day's proceedings. If I was more important, I might have got to see the tournament itself, but one can only dream.

Our hospitality pavilion is alongside the 18th fairway, with a fabulous view of the many traps that lay waiting for golfers, and the 18th green itself. 

In perfect conditions (to which my handsomely tanned face can attest), we watched pretty much every player complete his practice round.

"Every player" that is except that serial adulterer Woods. I never liked his smug-ness, liked him even less when news escaped of his dirty deeds, and continue to dislike his born again-ness. 

"What about the bloody golf?" I hear you shout. Along with several million other viewers I'll be flipping between World Cup and US Open action over the next few days, hoping for English success in both.


No comments: