Thursday, December 4, 2014

RAVE - Marlowe

We ate a its former location a couple of times, and it's lack of drama made me determined not to go again.

But they've moved into new premises, and my wife made the reservation so I was persuaded to try out Marlow v2.

And I guess I was happy I did, because the old Coco500 space has given the Marlowe team a brighter, airier space while still keeping it relatively intimate.

The Duck Liver Cromesquis - basically a bowl of duck liver pate, grape, and mustard seed was delicious. As was my wife's Steak Tartare, poached egg, and crostini, My Marlowe Burger, with caramelized onions, cheddar, bacon, horseradish aioli, and fries was good, if not up to Serpentine or Slow Club standards. Her Smoked Black Cod was -  according to her ladyship - "killer", although thanks to my aversion to fish I'll have to take her word for it.

No comments: