Thursday, May 9, 2013

RAVE - Blackstreet, at Yoshi's

Today I'm proudly sporting my new Best Husband In The World tee-shirt.

The reason I was presented with this future heirloom - or is it all in my imagination - was because I got tickets to see Blackstreet at Yoshi's here in San Francisco.

Now, the last time I sat close to five guys dressed all in white I - well, I've never sat close to five guys dressed like that. But their dress sense was irrelevant to Pavey and Simi, who jumped to their feet the moment their R&B heroes took the stage, and never stopped dancing until the final "Where my ladies at?" rang out.

The group was big in the 90s, and apparently made life-long fans out of my wife and her cousin, although the group's performance last night left us boys unmoved, and mostly with arms folded.

Fortunately, I'd at least heard of some of their songs, like No Diggity, but I was too busy listening to Pulp or Morrissey while Teddy Riley and Dave Hollister were doing their Blackstreet thing back in the day.

No comments: