Sunday, November 18, 2012

RANT - Taken 2

I'm tempted to say "YAWN" and be done with this review.

But surely I can give this a more intelligent put down?

It certainly deserves a warning label. I was convinced half of the scenes actually came straight from Taken 1. The plot virtually did.

I know Liam Neeson is hardly Laurence Olivier, and this role was barely a stretch. But his acting, especially in the scenes with his daughter, and/or ex-wife, and/or his pals, are painful. He steps it up to "just OK" with people he's trying to shoot, slap, or run over, but that's the best I can say or he can do.

I won't bother to tell you any of the story. It's enough to say that it picks up seamlessly from the first film, with no-one seeming to remember what happened in similar circumstances last time.

As I said. YAWN.

No comments: