Sunday, October 4, 2009

RAVE - My new Kindle

Having a blast with my new Kindle (thank you Pav).

Reading books on the Kindle became second nature within a few minutes. It's not that it's the same as reading printed pages, it's that reading from a Kindle is easy on the eyes and easy on the hands. Controls are natural, the screen is crystal clear.

We'll see how the device lasts after being manhandled around the pool over Christmas, but until then, I'm sold.

UPDATE: After using the Kindle for a couple of weeks, I'm even more impressed. Interestingly, I've found I can read faster on the Kindle than I can with a regular book, mainly because with the text re-paginated to fit a screen that's narrower than a real paper page, there's less lateral distance for my eyes to scan the lines, and it's easier to deploy that speed-reading trick of looking at the start and end of a line or paragraph before reading the full text.

No comments: