Tuesday, October 27, 2009

RANT - Belichick's Overdue Geography Lesson

The New England Patriots played The Tampa Bay Buccaneers last Sunday at Wembley Stadium in London, for this year's "foreign" NFL game.

I read The Times from the UK each day, thanks to my Kindle subscription, and from which I'm quoting this gem:

Bill Belichick, head coach of the Patriots, said he was excited about the chance to play at Wembley, but he said it in the way that Madonna says she's excited about getting the chance to play Vladivostock. Then he went on to say that his team has "never played an overseas game, other than in Toronto" - prompting this geography question, worth five points: name the sea that separates New England from Canada.

The rest of the article was equally readable, but I think I'll skip Belichick's autobiography when it comes out.

No comments: