Tuesday, September 23, 2014

RAVE - Stone's Throw

First of all, take a cab. Take a horse. Just don't try and drive - or more specifically - don't try and park anywhere near this place. It's impossible. Tellingly, once you reserve your table they tell you they have a deal with Uber that gives you a piddling 5% of your taxi fare off your restaurant bill. Did I say it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a parking space without half an hour of circling?

Anyhow, with that embuggerance out of the way, we enjoyed the food - we were in high spirits, which helped - and the service from everyone we met was excellent.

I'm repeating myself, I know, but we enjoyed the food. Mostly.

The Duck Pate and Mousse, with French's Mustard, Cornichons, and Warm, Soft Pretzel was f.a.b., while the Brentwood Corn Risotto, with Summer Truffle, Trumpet Mushrooms, and Tetragonia was equally delightful. Mrs Page really enjoyed her Pan Seared Salmon, Brentwood Corn, Chanterelle Mushroom, and Sauce Diable, while I devoured my Prime Beef Ribeye, with Tomato-braised Romano Beans, Confit Potatoes, and Toasted Garlic Vinaigrette.

If I was to criticize - and I will - the menu writer is perhaps a bit too full of himself, as I found it all a bit over-written without properly describing the wine, the beer, or even the food. And the decor seemed to be all over the place, with no cohesive theme.

We'll probably go back again sometime, but we'll make sure the chauffeur circles the block in the Bentley while we relax inside.

No comments: