Tuesday, July 29, 2014

RAVE - Monsieur Benjamin

If I was in a grumpy mood, I'd summarize this place by saying "Great, but ...."

But as for today at least, I'm in a great mood, I'll just focus on the good points.

Monsieur Benjamin has only been open a few weeks, but it's already working well. The great service helps a lot with that, along with the size and decor of the place.

It has a large menu, with plenty of unusual choices, like Seafood Sausage, Beef Tongue Dijonnaise, Sweetbreads, and Marrow Bones.

We were much more conservative, and started with the Potato and Leak Croquettes, Duck Terrine, and Pate de Campagne, then had the Blanquette de Veau, and Duck Confit and Sausage. All were very good (remember, I'm in a great mood, so no "but ...")

The clientele was curiously old-ish. The oldsters weren't necessarily curious, but it was definitely an older crowd than we expected. Not that it distracted us, just sayin' ....


No comments: