Saturday, April 12, 2014

RAVE - Bix

I have harangued my other half about going back to Bix several times, and each time she grunts and chooses somewhere else. Each time that is, until last night when she was outvoted by Cheri and me who both love the place.

I like the vibe at Bix - that of a classy jazz bar - with its pillared bar, wood paneling, and balcony. 

The food wasn't perfect - at least for me. The ladies chose Potato Pillows with Crème Fraîche and American Caviar, and Roasted Beets with Gorgonzola Panna Cotta and Black Walnut Vinaigrette, while I had the distinctly unimpressive Pork Belly “Bánh Mì” with Cucumber and Sriracha. These were stone cold, and should have come with a microscope to see the pork belly.

For entrees they chose to split the Pacific Halibut with Spring Vegetable Ragout, Yuzu Butter and Mint, while I fared better with the Chicken Hash à la Bix with Marscarpone Vodka Sauce.

I think Bix may have finally won over my wife. We'll find out next time I suggest eating there.

No comments: