Tuesday, December 29, 2009

RAVE - My Setanta Sports purchase powers Liverpool to victory over Villa

I've been increasingly vexed by the amount of Premiership soccer action being shown on the Setanta Sports channel.

"Vexed" because I'm already subscribed to Fox Soccer Channel, and have seen a gradual switching of games from FSC to STS since the latter went bust in Europe earlier this year. I'm not sure how a financial reversal in Europe so quickly translated into wider exposure here in the soccer desert of America, but let's not look that particular gift horse in the mouth.

Anyhow, for an extra $15 per month I get to see all the action, whether it's on FSC or STS.

On the down-side, both channels are broadcast in FD - Fuzzy Definition. Heaven knows what hardware and software they use to capture, fuzz up, transmit and deliver the signal to me, but I'm sure they're congratulating themselves on the bargain equipment they got from eBay.

Most important is that within minutes of adding STS to my soccer smorgasbord, Liverpool beat Aston Villa 1-0 to move within a Spanish omelette's slice of a top 4 spot in the only league that matters in the world. (If I could only have worked a third obscure gastronomic reference in there, I might have expected an offer to become The Times' Sports Food correspondent).

I'm just glad that my little contribution helped my team.

No comments: