Sunday, November 29, 2009

RAVE - A hot round at Rancho Solano Golf Club, Fairfield

Considering how badly I got beaten by Lawrence (pictured) today, it's testimony to this course and the weather to still be able to say it was a wonderful day.

Rancho Solano is not as challenging a course as Wente, where we played 2 days ago - the undulations and hazards were more forgiving - but I still managed to score a lamentable 126. Serious golfers would blanch at that score, but I took comfort in out-driving my brother on a number of holes. It was all the other shots that let me down.

The weather was fabulous - we were over-dressed in short-sleeved shirts and long pants. Thank heavens for the drinks cart and the refills at the 9th, which kept us from gasping too much. The carts were equipped with satellite navigation, range finders and scoring systems. If only we could have got Fox Soccer Channel on the cart's computer we could have seen Liverpool slot 2 past Everton and it would have capped the day off nicely.

I think I've reached the point in my game where I need new clubs, so we'll be shopping in San Francisco tomorrow. Hopefully, when we play again on Tuesday I'll be freshly equipped and bereft of excuses.

No comments: