Friday, June 5, 2015

RANT - The Girl and The Fig, Sonoma

I didn't want to go to this place again. We went a year ago, after Mrs P saw a glowing review on Check Please, Bay Area, and I was thoroughly underwhelmed.

Her excuse was that we went for brunch, and therefore the menu was predictably dull. Anyhow, this time, armed with another positive review from Check Please, my lady had booked us dinner at The Girl and The Fig.

Not only did I have a negative predisposition to the restaurant, but thanks to my food poisoning - kindly donated by El Dorado Kitchen earlier in the day - I was keen to leave the moment we sat down.

The food was ordinary, but its the clientele attracted to the place that proves to be its biggest turn-off. It was full of noisy women cackling and screaming their way through buckets of Prosecco, producing much the same effect as can be suffered at Town Hall.

I'm sorry my darling, but I was bad company. But you booked it, and I won't let you do that again.

No comments: