Monday, May 11, 2015

RAVE - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at The Independent

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion is a band I've known for 20 years but never seen touring anywhere near where I was. They're a band who's music I've owned, but never heard on the radio - so I've no idea where I first heard of them. They're also a band that virtually no-one I know has heard of.

All of these things made it very difficult to a) find someone to go with and b) persuade Mrs P it was a good idea to go see them when a) failed.

Getting her there was one thing. Getting her to like them was a completely different proposition. Their music is sometimes awkwardly arrhythmic - a term that doctors normally use to describe mis-timing heart beats and therefore one that I'm probably using incorrectly to describe a tempo, or beat that keeps changing mid song.

This arrhythmia made it hard for Mrs P to get into the groove, and for me to tap my feet to the beat.

Nevertheless, I was very happy to break my 20 year drought of live Blues Explosion.

No comments: