Saturday, February 28, 2015

RANT - Osteria Cucina Toscana

I thought about this review overnight. I was tempted to just give it a REVIEW - definitely not a RAVE. However, I dwelt on the full ordinariness of this place and now have decided it's worth a RANT.

Saying this was Old School would be a disservice to the many excellent O.S Italian places in and around North Beach. No, Osteria Cucina Toscana was just like my old school - dreary. Unlike my old school however, this place was over-populated by the ancient, a few of whom were sat there reading books as they nibbled on whatever they had chosen from the dreary menu.

My darling date chose much better than me. Her Caprese salad looked good, and she finished it. Her Carbonara pasta looked and tasted equally good, and she finished that too. I'm intentionally covering the amount Mrs. P consumed, because I couldn't bring myself to eat more than half of my tasteless Bruschetta, or a third of my equally tasteless Tortelloni Panna al Prosciutto e Piselli.

To cap it all, the wine list was tiny and all but bereft of anything Italian.

In summary: dull and dreary, and very definitely not going to see my miserable face again.

No comments: