Friday, December 3, 2010

RANT - Snow Emergency

I don't normally just repeat someone else's rant - I'm usually full enough of my own vitriol and don't need the help - but occasionally I see something that's just begging for a "big up". 

Like this:

Yesterday, a woman in Kent, England, phoned the emergency services number, 999 (same as 911 in the USA), to report that someone had stolen her SNOWMAN!

Click here for the full story, but surprise, surprise, Chief Inspector Plod frowned on the call, saying it could have cost someone their life if they had a real emergency and couldn't get through.

Now, the fact that the emergency service is stretched so thin that someone can't get through to an operator is even scarier than someone being stupid enough to report a stolen snowman, but I'll leave that rant for another occasion.

No comments: