Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 9

Finally sent some postcards today. The mail system is pretty darned marvellous. I can send mail from an island with no roads and intermittent electricity, to the other side of the world, for around $1. Now, if I could invent a machine that dematerializes and then rematerializes humans into postcard sized pieces (pre-stamped and addressed of course) I could revolutionize the cost of travel. Some smartass might point out that the mass of one human is equivalent to several thousand postcards though, so at $1 per card I'll have revolutionized diddly-squat, but they'll be missing the point. I will have succeeded where Jeff Goldblum failed - TWICE. (Hold on, he wasn't in Fly II was he?) As I said, the postal service is pure science fiction.

On a more germain front, today was a gloriously sunny one, which we enjoyed first on our beach, under an umbrella, then on our deck, and then after lunch by the pool. What sunbathers might call a well-balanced bake-off.